I love the fall and winter because it is soup season and this White Bean Chicken Chili is one of our favorites!
I’m a sneaky mama and love to find ways to add Dark Leafy Greens! Soups, stews and chili make that task E-A-S-Y!
This recipe is fab-u-lous, it’s always hit + it’s easy to make!Soooo Good!Click To Tweet
This post contains affiliate links which means I can earn a fee for people purchasing when they click the link (at no cost to you). Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
White Bean Chicken Chili
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins (cheaper than the breast pieces)
- 15 oz can Great Northern Beans (or other white beans)
- 3 cups kale, stems removed and chopped small
- 1 large carrot, shredded* (at least 1 cup)
- 1 cup yellow onion, minced finely
- 32 oz box of organic chicken or veggie broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove minced onion
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup half & half or hemp milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Tip: I do this all in one pot to save on clean up.
Cut the chicken tenderloins into small half inch pieces. Warm the olive oil in a large stock pot (I use my cast iron dutch oven) and add the chicken pieces over medium heat. Cook until the chicken is white all the way through, about 5 minutes since they are small pieces. Set the chicken aside.
Saute the carrots and onion in the stock pot until soft, about 5 minutes. Now add all the ingredients into the pot, bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Sounds a bit like 5 minutes is my magic number. 😉 Serve and enjoy. You can top with diced avocado. I do!
*To make easy work of this I use my food processor.
If you like this recipe for White Bean Chicken Chili make sure you pin it below and share with your friends and family either through Facebook, Twitter or by sending them the URL to this page. Thanks!