Day 21 of 30 Day Recipe Challenge
I know most moms LOVE a one dish dinner. This one was a hit!
A few AWESOME things about this recipe:
1. no CREAM! Cut out the unwanted fat and calories without cutting any flavor.
2. one dish dinner.
4. no fancy ingredients
The hardest part of this dish is waiting. Ok, maybe it’s actually the dicing of the veggies.
Don’t let the ingredients list make you feel like this is complex. It is only 5 veggies, 1 grain, 1 protein, 4 seasonings and broth. Plus you can cut back on ingredients by using fewer veggies. I just used a large variety because I have a big variety and I like to see all the colors.
- 1 cup zucchini, diced and seeds removed
- 1 cup summer or winter squash, diced and seeds removed
- 1 cup carrots, finely sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper, large diced and seeds removed
- 3 spicy-ish peppers, diced and seeds removed (you could use canned)
- 1 1/2 cups short grain brown rice
- 32 oz chicken stock (4 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic,minced
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2-4 cups cooked chicken breast, diced
Put all ingredients in a lightly oiled casserole dish. Mix together. Place in a preheated 400 degree oven for 1 hour. Then turn it up to 450 degrees for another 10-15 minutes. All liquid should be absorbed by the rice and veggies.