Stress is a normal part of everybody’s lives. It’s when you let the stress get to you that you start to have health issues. To head stress off at the pass try to incorporate these natural stress relief tips.
Although springtime brings an air of hopefulness and peace to it I also find it to be one of the most stressful times of the year for me. Probably because it is one of the busiest times of the year. I have older children who are active in spring sports. Three of my children are active in music programs outside of school and it is the time for spring concerts and recitals. Plus, schools seem to pack as many things in at the end of the year as humanly possible.Give yourself a leg up with these tipsClick To Tweet
Hopefully, you can incorporate one or two of these tips and feel a difference in your stress levels.
6 Natural Stress Relief Tips
1 Master mindfulness or at least attempt to be more mindful. I talk about this more in-depth in this mindful exercises post. In short, through mindfulness exercises help you take time and take note of how you or your body is feeling in that exact moment. This should help you cope & regulate different emotions – reducing stress, anxiety & depression.
2. Practice Yoga on a regular basis. It is a great workout as well as meditative (another form of mindfulness). Yoga reduces the stress hormone, cortisol, by 32% improving your mood as well.
3. Take a vitamin D supplement. Taking 1,000 iu daily raises your serotonin levels which also helps reduce anxiety and fatigue. For more benefits of vitamin D, read this Vitamin D post.
4. Eat more spinach. Spinach is rich in tryptophan, which is a key amino acid building block of serotonin.
5. Drink a nice hot cup of healthy hot cocoa. Which also increases serotonin levels, plus added benefit is it can improve your digestion!
6. Include 1/2 cup healthy carbohydrates with your meals. The little extra boost it gives your blood sugar helps your brain produce more serotonin naturally. This also helps minimize cravings.
You are never going to be completely free of stress. How we approach our stress can make a huge impact on our health. This might sound a little bit silly but don’t stress about being stressed. If we overly worry about being stressed that causes stress in and of itself.
The big thing is trying to change our mindset or how we approach the stress in our lives. This can certainly be easier said than done. That is why I recommend making some of these natural changes to give yourself a leg up on your stress relief.
If you found these stress relief remedies helpful make sure you pin it below and share with your friends and family. Thanks!