Taking time for yourself is an essential component of a healthy lifestyle. There are many self care activities you can do for yourself. Anywhere from how we eat to expressing ourselves to how we connect & contribute to those around us.
When I focus on self care I tend to gravitate more towards me time. That seems to be what is most lacking in this busy mom of 5’s life.
I don’t reward myself with food anymore instead I do little things like home spa time and getting away from the house without children. Which impacts my health in more ways than one 😉You ARE Important!Click To Tweet
This post contains affiliate links which means I can earn a fee for people purchasing when they click the link (at no cost to you). Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Self Care Activities
- Moisturising hair mask. My favorite is this Avocado Hair Mask. If you aren’t a DIYer I’d recommend a natural hydrating cream like this mask.
3. If I don’t want to clean the tub I whip up a quick sugar scrub (which is SUPER easy), take a really hot shower and exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! 😀
- To make sugar scrub I just mix 1/2 cup olive oil with 3/4 cup sugar and a few drops of essential oils.
- If you don’t use it all, it stores really well in an airtight container.
5. I love to read a good book. Unfortunately, I seldom get the time to do so, which makes this is a nice treat. I often reach for a book and a bath at the same time.
6. Go on a lunch or dinner date with a friend.
7. Sometimes I even take 5 minutes and hide out in my closet with the door closed and the lights off and just meditate. Don’t tell my family though, they don’t know my hiding spot. 😉
I just realized most of my self-care is spent in the bathroom. I don’t know how I feel about that. LOL!
Some of these might work for you, maybe you don’t want to spend all of your time in the bathroom 😉 or maybe taking “me time” isn’t the self-care you need.
I want you to really examine your life and health.
What can you improve on or work on that would bring the biggest health benefit to you?
Maybe it’s exercise, getting more sleep or being more mindful. Maybe it’s learning how to say no!
I want you to really ponder on it and then make a commitment to make you a priority.
If it’s easier for you to make it a goal you can read more at New Year Goals: The Secrets to Success.
Most importantly identify opportunities where you can take care of you and your well being. Make yourself a priority and then do what is necessary so that you can take care of you!
If you like these Self Care Activities & Tips make sure you pin it below and share with your friends and family either through Facebook, Twitter or by sending them the URL to this page. Thanks!