I have been invited to several “cookie exchange” parties this month. I don’t know if this is just a local thing or if people do this all over the world so I thought I would explain it just in case. It is a party where you bring a set # of cookies (typically around two dozen) and then you mix and match and swap with the other people who have brought cookies. This way you get a nice variety of cookies without making 12 different recipes of your own.
I haven’t participated in any of these this year because I didn’t want that many cookies laying around my house calling out to me to eat them 😉 However, I have been missing having some Christmas cookies. Then I remembered this post I saw earlier this year on these healthy protein packed truffles. I decided to make them to see if they hit the spot. Oh boy did they!
Super gooey, fudgy, delicious! My kids liked them so much they told me I had to order all of the different flavors of Protein Snacks so that we could try all of the combinations.
This post contains affiliate links; for your convenience Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- 4 USANA Protein Snacks (I used Fudge Delite)
- 1/2 mashed avocado (the original recipe also suggested cream cheese or mashed ripe banana)
- Vanilla and/or Honey Greek yogurt
- cocoa powder or Chocolate Nutrimeal
- In a food processor or blender grind up the protein snacks (this took a bit longer than I anticipated so don’t worry if it takes a while to grind up the bars)
- Gradually add the avocado into the mixture (I just used my food processor to blend the avocado into the bars)
- Form into balls and place onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes then coat in yogurt or cocoa powder. Return to the freezer for another hour or so and enjoy.
The original recipe suggested storing them in the freezer so that the yogurt didn’t turn runny again but we ate ours so fast we didn’t have to worry about storing them 😀 . We didn’t even wait a full hour to try them. So tasty and easy to make!
Happy Holidays and Happy Baking!