This Kale and Broccoli Salad came about because I had some bits and pieces of veggies leftover and I was in the mood for a hearty green salad. The recipe I’m going to give you is double what I actually made for a couple of reasons.
- I think this would make a great salad/slaw to prep for the week. Since all of the veggies are hardy it won’t go soggy and you can eat it all week long.
- I used leftover veggies and doubling the recipe allows you to use the whole bag of broccoli slaw, so you don’t have extra you need to figure out what to do with or waste.
This post contains affiliate links which means I can earn a fee for people purchasing when they click the link (at no cost to you). Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Kale and Broccoli Salad
- 2 cups kale, cut into thin ribbons
- 1 cup Brussel sprouts, cut thinly with a mandoline or grated with a cheese grater
- 1 cup snow peas, cut in half or smaller
- 1 small bag broccoli slaw
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 -1/2 cup dried cranberries*
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup sliced almonds (not pictured)
- 1/4 cup vinegar (I used Apple Cider but I think any flavored vinegar would be nice)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbs whole grain mustard (I think dijon would work as well)
- 2 Tbs honey**
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 – 4 Tbs olive oil
* Any dried fruit would be tasty or even a nice tart apple, diced up would be good too.
**Two of my kids thought the dressing was a little too sweet so you might want to adjust the amount of honey you use.
It was fairly easy. I just tossed all of the salad ingredients together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, I added the first 5 ingredients for the dressing and whisked them until they were incorporated well. I then slowly drizzled in the olive oil, while I whisked until it was nice and emulsified. Pour over salad, toss and serve.
Note… I decided to add the almonds last minute so they are not included in the picture but they made a really nice addition. (It was really so last minute that I just sprinkled a few on each of our dishes after we had already started eating 😀 )Delicious & a perfect salad to prep for the weekClick To Tweet
If you like this recipe for Kale and Broccoli Salad make sure you pin it and share with your friends and family either through Facebook, Twitter or by sending them the URL to this page. Thanks!