Do you need to know how to serve fresh blueberries?
Blueberries are starting to come into season (late May through to mid-August, depending on your location) so now is the best time to stock up on fresh blueberries.
Because of this, over the next three weeks, I am going to show you how to serve fresh blueberries in three very different, very delicious ways.
One of the great things about blueberries is they are surprisingly versatile. They can handle some heat both temperature wise and spice wise. They are great sweet and savory, warmed, cooled and frozen, whole, creamed, blended, chopped and more.
Today I want to share with you a sweet and spicy blueberry salsa recipe. Really this is not unlike a mango, pineapple or strawberry salsa but you use blueberries as your main fruit.Yummy, Yummy!Click To Tweet
This post contains affiliate links which means I can earn a fee for people purchasing when they click the link (at no cost to you). Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
How To Serve Fresh Blueberries – Week One Recipe
Blueberry Salsa Recipe
- 2 cups blueberries
- ½ small red onion or I’ve used 1-2 shallots before when I was out of red onion
- 1 jalapeno (seeds or no seeds – up to your heat preference)
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 small lime (about 1 Tbsp juice)
- Veggies or Chips to dip (pictured – Pita Chips, Veggie Chips, Blue Corn Tortillas)
Add onion, jalapeno, garlic & cilantro into a food processor and pulse until chopped medium fine. Add your blueberries and continue to pulse until desired consistency (I like mine still a little chunky).
Take out of food processor and stir in the juice of one lime and a little bit of salt and pepper. You are ready to serve.
How To Serve This Fresh Blueberry Salsa Recipe
- My favorite is with the Blue Corn Tortillas, half my kids like the Pita Chips and the other half like the Veggie Chips, go figure :D.
- Veggies that I have found work well are carrots, celery, bell peppers and cucumbers.
- Slice up half an avocado with a little bit of this blueberry salsa recipe spooned on over the top. Sometimes if I’m feeling fancy I drizzle a little olive oil over the top too. Yum, Yum!
Interested in Picking Blueberries?
We are lucky enough to have several farms relatively close to us where you can go and pick your own blueberries. You might be too. I suggest googling something like “you pick farms near ______” (fill in your area). You might be surprised how many are in your area.
It is actually kind of a fun experience and I was surprised how much the younger kids loved it.
If you like this recipe Fresh Blueberry Salsa make sure you pin it below and share with your friends and family either through Facebook, Twitter or by sending them the URL to this page. Thanks!