We hear a lot about detoxing anymore, and while it is true our bodies are built to cleanse themselves and to flush toxins from our bodies, sometimes toxins build up and our body can’t filter them as efficiently or as well as they should. Sometimes our bodies need a little help from us. 🙂
We can help by removing or eliminating some of the toxins we put into our bodies every day. This is one of the strategies in my 10 day Sweet Bliss Sugar Detox. I want to give you some additional quick tips today though that can help us reduce or eliminate those toxins.
- Start each day with a warm glass of lemon water (warm or room temp is less taxing on your system). This helps hydrate your body after (hopefully) 8 hours of rest with no liquid, it helps get your digestive system going and helps your liver in the detoxification process.
- Hydration is CRITICAL. It reduces bloating and helps your skin maintain its elasticity. At a minimum, you should be drinking half your body weight in ounces every day. If you are not a big fan of plain water try some of these flavoring options.
- Take long deep breaths throughout the day. Breathing deeply eliminates toxins 15 times faster than shallow breathing. I recommend trying to take 3 or 4 deep breaths before each meal. At the very least this will give you time to reflect and be mindful of the food you are about to eat.
- Fiber. We remove toxins through our waste so the more regular your bowel movements are the quicker the potential toxins pass through your body. Try to eat high fiber foods like unprocessed whole grains, beans, broccoli, or apples (with their skins on) with each meal.
- Sweating also removes toxins from our bodies …so get that body moving! Find something you enjoy doing so that you are more likely to stick with it.
- Eat dark leafy greens and other whole foods. They are packed with vitamins & nutrients that support your kidneys and liver in cleaning out those toxins. Processed foods make the body work overtime which causes bloating and inflammation.
- 70% of our immune system lives in our gut. We want to promote the good bacteria that aids in digestion and crowds out the bad bacteria. You can do this by either adding fermented foods to your diet or by taking a high-quality probiotic like this one.
If your body is currently heavy laden with toxins and your diet relies heavily on processed foods I would recommend participating in my 10 day detox, starting Dec. 1st. the beauty of this detox is that it really helps you get rid of those sugar cravings, which is a major tax on your mind and body. After those cravings are more in balance it is easier to incorporate the 7 tips above.
If you need more tips or detailed information regarding these 7 tips please reach out to me and let me know here or here. I would love to help in any way I can.
Wishing you a Wildly Vibrant Life